It Figures!!!

Chit-chat, current events
mrsl

It Figures!!!

Post by mrsl »

As I said before, this no smoking does have its compensations. I was at the local K-Mart the other day, and saw a film I have long admired for only $6.99 in the clearance bin.

Have any of you seen The Emperors Club? Stars Kevin Kline and Joel Gretsch. I know Joel from Taken on the sci-fi channel, and presently stars in the 4400 on USA. Anyway, its' a 'lesson' movie, which I normally am not that crazy about, but was caught this time. I was channel surfing about 2 years ago, and stopped on this. I must have caught it at the end of the month because I never saw it again. Of course, looking at the schedules for TCM and the Western Channel for the next few weeks, I don't see a spot to watch it, unless I try to do it late on Friday or Sunday night. RATS!!!

Kline is an ancient history teacher in a boys prep school who oversees a contest every year to determine the best pupil and who will be crowned 'Caesar'. The point of the movie is that some people never change, or grow up, but put across in such a way as to be very entertaining.

If any of you has seen it, I would like to hear your comments.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

I have seen this movie several times, and its always such a pleasure. The young people in this one were wonderful actors, and you could feel they really got into their parts and the whole purpose for the film.

I would say the ending sequence of the Julius Cesar contest is always entertaining. I know what you mean about the said "lesson" movies, but this one is really one of the best. It's been a while since I've seen it, I need to get my DVD back out.
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton