MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Thompson

Re: MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Post by Thompson »

No, I don’t pay attention to nothin’. I don’t like soggy rocks, and not keen on milk either. Usually I have a 16 Budweiser for breakfast because you don’t have chew it and a cold beer in the morning activates your pancreas and helps with doing a poop.
Andree

Post by Andree »

laffite wrote: February 7th, 2023, 5:50 pm

Flashback : As a boy of about seven, I thought it was hilarious when I scraped some unwanted cottage cheese into a garbage receptacle. i was giggling like a damn fool when my father walked in. Corporeal punishment, cruel even. If I was supposed to have learned a lesson out of that, it didn't take. Unless it was to hate my father even more. Not that I don't throw food out once in a while but I did not develop some creepy aversion or the desire to go out and kill people in my sleep.
I remember eating a little cottage cheese as a kid and it didn't appeal to me. I should buy a small container and see if I like it
any better now. Being a finnicky eater I never throw out food. Maybe that makes up for all the hot cereal I tossed as a kid.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

laffite wrote: February 7th, 2023, 6:50 pm . . . When Alpha-bits bit the dust, why not attack Cheerios for your grief
That's like saying, "Marilyn Monroe bit the dust, why not attack Imogene Coca?"

There's simply no comparison to, and no substitute for, sheer ambrosia, laffite. Alpha-Bits: Food of the gods!
laffite wrote: February 7th, 2023, 6:50 pm Au contraire none of those other cereals you mentioned had quite the staying power of Grape Nuts. Even if the the sogginess were of equal value, GN would be edible, the other worthy of the bin. Sogginess in Cereal is the worst catastrophe in Cerealdom.
Chacun à son goût, as the Frenchies say.

I like Grape-Nuts (How Post gets their little legs apart is a baffling mystery for The Great Holmes! And who knew grapes had legs . . . and nuts?!). I can stand 'em soggy, but I prefer 'em crunchy . . . and with LOTS of sugar (otherwise, it's like eating gravel)!
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I ate a baked potato (a miracle I ate anything) with butter, a touch of sour cream topped with some chopped green onions. It’s important to eat the skin of a potato to heal and assist your pancreas.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Also, I know this will be of great interest to many, I have broken the third and fourth toe on my right foot. It happened this morning walking outside to take a leak. Now this is not a bad thing really, a painful thing absolutely, but these broken toes (I diagnose my own sh1t) have taken away the other pains, which I was really getting sick of, the pancreas pain in particular . I’ve harped on this before, but you can only feel one pain at a time.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: February 8th, 2023, 12:38 am Also, I know this will be of great interest to many, I have broken the third and fourth toe on my right foot. It happened this morning walking outside to take a leak. Now this is not a bad thing really, a painful thing absolutely, but these broken toes (I diagnose my own sh1t) have taken away the other pains, which I was really getting sick of, the pancreas pain in particular . I’ve harped on this before, but you can only feel one pain at a time.
Dear Thompson,

Please consider not drinking for a day or two or three and go see a doctor. I, for one, would like to see you do this for yourself.

Thanks.

Laffite
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

No, I’m wrong once again. I am going to quit posting. The two broken toes have taken the pain level way above the tolerable.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

laffite wrote: February 8th, 2023, 1:43 am
Thompson wrote: February 8th, 2023, 12:38 am Also, I know this will be of great interest to many, I have broken the third and fourth toe on my right foot. It happened this morning walking outside to take a leak. Now this is not a bad thing really, a painful thing absolutely, but these broken toes (I diagnose my own sh1t) have taken away the other pains, which I was really getting sick of, the pancreas pain in particular . I’ve harped on this before, but you can only feel one pain at a time.
Dear Thompson,

Please consider not drinking for a day or two or three and go see a doctor. I, for one, would like to see you do this for yourself.

Thanks.

Laffite
Then how do I deal with the pain, Laffite? Eat a bowl of Grape Nuts soaked overnight in soy milk? If I go into hospital I do not come out.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: February 8th, 2023, 2:41 am
laffite wrote: February 8th, 2023, 1:43 am
Dear Thompson,

Thanks.

Laffite
Then how do I deal with the pain, Laffite? Eat a bowl of Grape Nuts soaked overnight in soy milk? If I go into hospital I do not come out.
I assume you don't have a diagnosis. Unless pancreatitis. Even so with that, you will come out. They will have a look at you and give you something for pain. Go see a doctor. Just do it. I'm pushing you but just try.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

But I get it, it gets old all this moaning and groaning, complaining and musing, pondering, ruminating, and what have you. That’s for the birds. Let’s stay on topic, quit drinking for three days, go to Switzerland and get some good psychiatric advice, come back and fit in, make a productive post, a positive post, and get your hair cut.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I’m a story teller Laffite, don’t ever take me serious. I just try to be funny. 🕰🐰👀. I’m not always funny, but every once in a while I get a good one off. Not tonight though. My two broken toes are a bother.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

But, you do not get anything for pain these days, nothing. You go to the pain clinic. I’ve been to the pain clinic. You know what they do at the pain clinic? I’m not making this up. They stand around and scream out in pain. That’s what I did and I got evicted from my apartment. Nobody gives you a pain killer except the dealer on the street.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: February 8th, 2023, 3:14 am I’m a story teller Laffite, don’t ever take me serious. I just try to be funny. 🕰🐰👀. I’m not always funny, but every once in a while I get a good one off. Not tonight though. My two broken toes are a bother.
I see.
laffite

Post by laffite »

EP Millstone wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:12 pm
laffite wrote: February 7th, 2023, 6:50 pm . . . When Alpha-bits bit the dust, why not attack Cheerios for your grief
That's like saying, "Marilyn Monroe bit the dust, why not attack Imogene Coca?"
I would never attack Imogene. She is the future for next great cereal. Coca-bits.

Since the food theme has not been interrupted (well, a little) I would like to sustain the current trend by announcing

I Love JELL-0:
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

laffite wrote: February 8th, 2023, 1:15 pm . . . I would never attack Imogene. She is the future for next great cereal. Coca-bits.
Sounds as though your cuckoo for Coca.
laffite wrote: February 8th, 2023, 1:15 pm Since the food theme has not been interrupted (well, a little) I would like to sustain the current trend by announcing
I Love JELL-0:
I loved Jello when I used to eat it. But after becoming a vegetarian, it's off my menu.
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields