MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
speedracer5

Re: MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Post by speedracer5 »

MissWonderly wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 1:00 pm I apologize for breaking in on this interesting and fun thread, with something that doesn't relate to it at all.
I cannot figure out how to start a new thread myself, so am piggybacking on this one.
anyway...The TCM schedule for Canada is still not up. I am very worried TCM might be discontinuing broadcasting in Canada. The Canadian schedule is usually up by now.
Does anyone here have any information as to this? I do hope TCM is not abandoning its Canadian viewers. That would break my heart.

PS: This is the first time I've posted here for quite a while. (By "here" , I mean this Silver Screen Oasis site.) I'm still interested in engaging in conversations about movies, music, etc., but it's been an exceptionally busy time for me in my personal life, and I've not had much chance to come here and read the threads, let alone post on them. Not that I'm vain enough to think most people have noticed one way or the other, but perhaps a few of my friends from the old TCM chat site may have thought I'd lost interest. Not so.
I'm glad to see you back on the boards, Miss Wonderly! I was wondering where you were :-)
Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/kayla622/
Reddit: kayla622
Twitter: kaylar622
Blog: Whimsicallyclassic.wordpress.com
Masha

Post by Masha »

TikiSoo wrote: May 4th, 2023, 5:53 am
I faced my fear of being alone and embraced it, made the best of it. Life is too short to waste any of it unnecessarily unhappy.
I have been married for approx. twenty-three of my seventy years. I have rarely felt alone even when I was between men. There were times when I felt alone even when I was married. A notable example of this was when my second husband tried to include me in activities with his daughter. She never accepted me as anything but her daddy's current sex object. That form of isolation did reach me on a deep level.

I freely acknowledge that I am not normal but I empathize greatly with the meme: "It is a good night to go deep into the woods and change my name to something the wolves will understand."
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: May 4th, 2023, 12:09 pm
...I freely acknowledge that I am not normal but I empathize greatly with the meme: "It is a good night to go deep into the woods and change my name to something the wolves will understand."
Hmmm...and here I've always pictured you as being more a cat person, Masha???

;)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: May 5th, 2023, 2:55 pm Hmmm...and here I've always pictured you as being more a cat person, Masha???
Go into a woods where there is a cat which matches me in body weight? I believe the appropriate phrase is: "I am not as dumb as I look."
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: May 5th, 2023, 7:04 pm
Dargo wrote: May 5th, 2023, 2:55 pm Hmmm...and here I've always pictured you as being more a cat person, Masha???
Go into a woods where there is a cat which matches me in body weight? I believe the appropriate phrase is: "I am not as dumb as I look."
Wait! Are we back to that whole "left-handed compliment" thing we discussed earlier here again??? ;)

(...or was that in another thread?) LOL
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Give me a left handed cigarette and a bottle of beer. Make it a cold one and roll it tight. That won’t happen. But it might.
Masha

Post by Masha »

The first Saturday in May is: World Naked Gardening Day.

My little Fuzzy shouted for me to help him for a minute. I found him tending his Echinacea seedlings. The problem he was having was that we are kitten-sitting and one of the tiny monsters wanted to be part of the activity. He did not want to pick her up because his hands were wet and dirty and he had been handling blood meal.

My pondering is whether he was truly in the spirit of the day because he was wearing slippers. I understand that the concrete floor of the basement room in which the grow-lights are set up is cold and feels damp even when it is not but his toes being covered means that he was not totally naked.

It is hard for me to be completely impartial in the judgement of this because the slippers he was wearing are the ones which I gave him three years ago for his birthday and are now apparently relegated to doing chores in the nether regions of the house and being besprinkled with all manner of fertilizers and soil amendments.

Comments?
Fedya

Post by Fedya »

I have rarely felt alone even when I was between men.
Must... resist... joke.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Fedya wrote: May 6th, 2023, 11:25 am
I have rarely felt alone even when I was between men.
Must... resist... joke.
I doubt very much that I would ever feel alone if I was the middle of a man sandwich.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Masha wrote: May 6th, 2023, 12:22 pm I doubt very much that I would ever feel alone if I was the middle of a man sandwich.
I'm taking it from that that you haven't been.

I'm not sure why, but thinking that you haven't been makes me glad even though you're not my woman and never will be.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Intrepid37 wrote: May 6th, 2023, 4:41 pm
Masha wrote: May 6th, 2023, 12:22 pm I doubt very much that I would ever feel alone if I was the middle of a man sandwich.

I'm not sure why, but thinking that you haven't been makes me glad even though you're not my woman and never will be.
I have not but I do not wish for you to have the wrong impression: my abstinence is strictly due to my never having known two men at the same time with whom I wished to share my bed.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: May 6th, 2023, 6:49 pm
Intrepid37 wrote: May 6th, 2023, 4:41 pm

I have not but I do not wish for you to have the wrong impression: my abstinence is strictly due to my never having known two men at the same time with whom I wished to share my bed.
But then again and on the positive side of this Masha, there's never been any danger of the dreaded "crossed swords" situation coming into play.

I understand that that sort of thing can often be very disturbing for the men involved.

(...this of course being completely secondhand information, you understand) ;)
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: May 6th, 2023, 7:54 pm But then again and on the positive side of this Masha, there's never been any danger of the dreaded "crossed swords" situation coming into play.

I understand that that sort of thing can often be very disturbing for the men involved.
It'd take a lot less than that to "disturb" me.

I don't share my woman with other men - ever. It's inconceivable.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I agree but who is to say what your woman is up to when your back is turned, when you are asleep? Or even worse, when your woman is asleep and dreaming dreams that don’t include you.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Thompson wrote: May 6th, 2023, 9:29 pm I agree but who is to say what your woman is up to when your back is turned, when you are asleep? Or even worse, when your woman is asleep and dreaming dreams that don’t include you.
Nothing you can do about what she dreams about.

And the only thing you can do to try to be sure she's not touching other men's junk is to keep a very close eye on her, using spy-assistance services for when you can't be around.

Or you can trust her. I myself would never trust a woman, but most guys are willing to dispense with such wisdom.
Last edited by Intrepid37 on May 6th, 2023, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.