MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Bronxgirl48

Re: MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

laffite wrote: February 8th, 2023, 6:39 pm I don't seem to be able to strike an agreeable chord with my Jell-o.

You're going ashore?
laffite

Post by laffite »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: February 10th, 2023, 3:17 pm Thank you so much, diane, and, welcome!

lafitte, just before I sign off, I must tell you that I was not being ironic about puppets, clowns or Santa Claus! They terrify me! (well, maybe not Topo Gigio or Kukla and Ollie) As for clowns, forget it -- they are all scary as hell. And Santa (except for Edmund Gwenn playing him) always seems demonic to me.
Maybe you've been looking at too many Horror films ;)
(ducking for cover)

We yearn for your wellness, and to your return.
Mona
laffite

Post by laffite »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: February 10th, 2023, 3:36 pm
laffite wrote: February 8th, 2023, 6:39 pm I don't seem to be able to strike an agreeable chord with my Jell-o.

You're going ashore?
Do you mean Fran? The quote is recognizably modeled from Dodsworth when Fran is taking for granted that everything is cool with Sam. Fran sails for the United States, while Sam and Edith to her villa.

Or something else? Hmmm :smiley_chinrub:

Barb, you are often over my head. :(
Mona
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: February 10th, 2023, 3:17 pm Thank you so much, diane, and, welcome!

lafitte, just before I sign off, I must tell you that I was not being ironic about puppets, clowns or Santa Claus! They terrify me! (well, maybe not Topo Gigio or Kukla and Ollie) As for clowns, forget it -- they are all scary as hell. And Santa (except for Edmund Gwenn playing him) always seems demonic to me.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space
is on Svengoolie tomorrow. I've never seen it.
laffite

Post by laffite »

I saw a film today, oh boy
It was the Killer Klowns from Outer Space
And when the light went way down low
We couldn't see a thing,
But heard the strangest Being

the sound of which we never heard or knew befoorrrr

We howled and screamed today, oh boy

(etc.)
Mona
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I’m confused between bipolar 1 and bipolar 2. What is the difference exactly?
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Thompson wrote: February 10th, 2023, 9:50 pm I’m confused between bipolar 1 and bipolar 2. What is the difference exactly?
bipolar 1 get free medication.

It pays to be number 1.
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I’m confused between bipolar 1 and bipolar 2. What is the difference exactly? Is it like reading French and not understanding a word and then wondering why you don’t understand it because you don’t know French? It’s something like that I suppose. I guess it doesn’t matter. Laffite can probably explain it better.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

EP Millstone wrote: February 10th, 2023, 9:56 pm
Thompson wrote: February 10th, 2023, 9:50 pm I’m confused between bipolar 1 and bipolar 2. What is the difference exactly?
bipolar 1 get free medication.

It pays to be number 1.
Right on EP! It pays to be number 1!
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

BTW, that means ‘by the way’ in the new lingo, since I’ve started taking Balance of Nature vitamins, I can play with my hamster and also post on the board, not at the same time mind you, that would be difficult, but since taking Balance of Nature vitamins I’ve noticed an increase in negative thinking and a phantom pain in my pancreas. FYI, that means ‘for your information,’ in the new lingo speak, Balance of Nature = Speed Balls
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Ya get that va-voom back when you get on Balance of Nature vitamins. You also get addicted as all get out.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

laffite wrote: February 10th, 2023, 8:30 pm I saw a film today, oh boy
It was the Killer Klowns from Outer Space
And when the light went way down low
We couldn't see a thing,
But heard the strangest Being

the sound of which we never heard or knew befoorrrr

We howled and screamed today, oh boy

(etc.)
That’s from The Beatles, huh? ‘I read the news today, oh boy.’ I thought you didn’t approve of that sort of music Laffite.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Hope you're feeling better very soon, Bronxie.

(...ya know, you're always missed around here whenever you're away for any length of time, don't ya?!)
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

You should come down here for the Mardi Gras. You can stay with me as long as I get first dibs to the toilet. It’s starting now but the parades will go till 21st. I live right on the main parade route uptown. I hate a parade but some people like ‘em. BYOB, that means ‘bring your own booze’ because you’re not drinking mine. I’ve even got one of those keen portable chairs that you can take to the route, it’s sort of heavy but it’s got that shoulder strap that makes it okay to tote. Now, I sleep on the couch, you all can sleep on the bed or the floor, but ya ain’t sleeping on the couch.

Wow, I’m a rule maker now, sayin’ this and that, king of the castle. I guess you can sleep on the couch, it’s an old one and lives on those springs instead of cushion, I’ve got a chair that reclines and works. It’s all good. I’ll share a beer and a plug of the hard, I’m not a mean guy really.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: February 10th, 2023, 11:55 pm You should come down here for the Mardi Gras. You can stay with me as long as I get first dibs to the toilet. It’s starting now but the parades will go till 21st. I live right on the main parade route uptown. I hate a parade but some people like ‘em. BYOB, that means ‘bring your own booze’ because you’re not drinking mine. I’ve even got one of those keen portable chairs that you can take to the route, it’s sort of heavy but it’s got that shoulder strap that makes it okay to tote. Now, I sleep on the couch, you all can sleep on the bed or the floor, but ya ain’t sleeping on the couch.

Wow, I’m a rule maker now, sayin’ this and that, king of the castle. I guess you can sleep on the couch, it’s an old one and lives on those springs instead of cushion, I’ve got a chair that reclines and works. It’s all good. I’ll share a beer and a plug of the hard, I’m not a mean guy really.
Uh, no thanks. I'll sleep on the sidewalk.
Mona