Quentin Tarantino Sets Filming for 10th and Final Film For This Fall

CinemaInternational

Quentin Tarantino Sets Filming for 10th and Final Film For This Fall

Post by CinemaInternational »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... Rvloe_ZBzA

The new film sounds as though it is going to be a thinly disguised version of Pauline Kael's alarming experiments at Paramount Pictures in 1979, and how she frequently clashed with Don Simpson and was duped into taking this lousy job by Warren Beatty.
LawrenceA

Re: Quentin Tarantino Sets Filming for 10th and Final Film For This Fall

Post by LawrenceA »

I can think of very few subjects that I would care less about seeing dramatized.
Watching until the end.
Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019) is my favorite film of the 21st century, so I will be first in line for this one.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Maybe Fox's The Critic - played by Jon Lovitz - will declare "It Stinks!".
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Detective Jim McLeod wrote: March 14th, 2023, 5:50 pm Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019) is my favorite film of the 21st century, so I will be first in line for this one.
I loved it, too, and gave it a 10/10 rating, but normally inside-the-industry stories are among my very least favorites, and I have zero interest in Pauline Kael.
Watching until the end.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

CinemaInternational wrote: March 14th, 2023, 5:18 pm . . .The new film sounds as though it is going to be a thinly disguised version of Pauline Kael's alarming experiments at Paramount Pictures in 1979, and how she frequently clashed with Don Simpson and was duped into taking this lousy job by Warren Beatty.
If Tarantino's swan song has a revisionist scene in which Warren Beatty ties Pauline Kael to a chair and slices off one of her ears (or vice versa) ...

I'M IN!

Warren Beatty, Pauline Kael, and an Epic Hollywood Mistake
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

LawrenceA wrote: March 14th, 2023, 5:58 pm
Detective Jim McLeod wrote: March 14th, 2023, 5:50 pm Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019) is my favorite film of the 21st century, so I will be first in line for this one.
I loved it, too, and gave it a 10/10 rating, but normally inside-the-industry stories are among my very least favorites, and I have zero interest in Pauline Kael.
I have little interest in what movie critics have to say, but at least Pauline Kael was entertaining in her goofiness.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Interesting theory as to his stated reasons for quitting being a film director by the time he's 60. I suppose he might have a valid point about older directors' tendencies to be "out of touch" after a certain age in a general sense, however he must've forgotten that John Huston's final directorial effort at age 79 resulted in what many people think is a pretty darn good film known as "The Dead".

(...and btw and for the record here, this proposed final film of his sounds like something that COULD bring me into a movie theater to watch)