Coming Up on TCM

Discussion of programming on TCM.
knitwit45

Re: Coming Up on TCM

Post by knitwit45 »

Moira, do you have access to any pictures of Madge Evans as an older woman? The only Madge I can remember in the movies was quite plump and kind of giddy. Ring any bells??

Nancy
feaito

Post by feaito »

moirafinnie wrote:Did you purchase Murder At the Vanities as part of that newly issued Pre-Code Hollywood Collection (The Cheat / Merrily We Go to Hell / Hot Saturday / Torch Singer / Murder at the Vanities / Search for Beauty)? Will you please post about any other pre-codes you've seen from this collection?
Thanks,
Moira
Yes Moira, I did, and it took a looonggg time to arrive to Santiago, but it was worth it. I've already seen three of them (Hot Saturday, Murder and Search). I've posted my opinions in the What Silents and Pre-Codes have You seen? thread. The only fiulm included in the set that I had seen is "Torch Singer", thanks to TCM-USA.

I also got the Forbidden Hollywood Vol. 3 Collection.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

knitwit45 wrote:Moira, do you have access to any pictures of Madge Evans as an older woman? The only Madge I can remember in the movies was quite plump and kind of giddy. Ring any bells??

Nancy
Sorry, Nancy, no bells for me. The link below is where I found that photo of Madge Evans from Sporting Blood. There are many photos of her there from the '30s, but IMDb indicates that her last movie was in '38, but she did a lot of tv work between 1949 and 1956. I've not seen any older photos, but you might try doing a Image search under Google. I'll keep looking,too. Maybe I could learn more about the interesting Sidney Kingsley too:
http://www.fanpix.net/gallery/madge-evans-pictures.htm

Oh, Fernando! I'm so glad that you got to see these pre-codes. I'm sorry that I didn't see your posts. I tend to lose track of things that are written in those omnibus threads, I'm afraid. I tend to look for threads with a title connoting the content. Our search mechanism on this site doesn't always bring up the exact post I'm looking for when its lumped together with others. I'll go hunt your comments down. Thanks!!
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks to you for being so nice Moira.
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Thanks for the SPORTING BLOOD tip. Without it, I'd have let this one skip by, and thus been at a greater disadvantage against bloodythirty correspondents like MissG.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Ollie wrote:Thanks for the SPORTING BLOOD tip. Without it, I'd have let this one skip by, and thus been at a greater disadvantage against bloodythirty correspondents like MissG.
:P :P
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Rohanaka's here. Bronxie. JackF. Just when they get me down, there's MissG, kickin' me all over again. That's OK. I'm getting ready to really zing MissG thru the US Mail shortly. She can't escape! I'll have my revenge.

I don't know how many more times I'm stuck watching THE LETTER, though! Jeepers. Just too many good points in all those writings to let them have ALL the fun!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

By the way, Ollie, you HAVE watched Wagon Master, haven't you? Hmmmm?? :P :P
-- Will Rogers
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

Ollie wrote:Rohanaka's here
Ollie... you think all the talk about The Letter is getting to you.... wait til I start jabbering about.... THE QUIET MAN. :D (which by the way is scheduled to air at 2AM on Mon. June 1st.... because this is the "Coming Up..." thread.... ha)
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

"Ollie... you think all the talk about The Letter is getting to you.... wait til I start jabbering about.... THE QUIET MAN. - Rohanaka.

Uh...there's another movie besides "THE "LETTER"?? Strange...
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

STOP IT. Right now. STOP IT! Do NOT get me mixed up with those darned Westerns. And don't threaten me with lightyears-from-now scheduling. June may not even exist in another month!

(Oh gawd, there IS hope, right? I think I'm probably well-over-200 watchings of the QUIET MAN. I learned enough Oirish just to enjoy Ward Bond and Maureen O'Hara's fishin' spot exchange...)

You are SO bad!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Ollie wrote:STOP IT. Right now. STOP IT! Do NOT get me mixed up with those darned Westerns. And don't threaten me with lightyears-from-now scheduling. June may not even exist in another month!
What kind of talk is that for a Texican, Mr. Big Bend? :P
-- Will Rogers
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

You are SUCH a wascly wabbit.

I gotta find better emoticons. Snoopy, shaking his fist at the Red Baron, as his Sopwith Doghouse goes down in flames again.

And again.

And again.

Say - your name isn't Lucy, is it? Do you pull the football out each and every time I go to kick it?
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Ollie wrote: Say - your name isn't Lucy, is it? Do you pull the football out each and every time I go to kick it?

Hahahahahaaaaa!! No, I'm your sister, SALLY! Good grief, "Chuck".
:P
-- Will Rogers
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

Ollie wrote:Do NOT get me mixed up with those darned Westerns. And don't threaten me with lightyears-from-now scheduling. June may not even exist in another month
"DARNED" Westerns?????????? (I'm with Miss G... you call yourself a TEXICAN??) I can see now... I have my work cut out for me...HA!

And PS.... who said I have to wait until JUNE????????????????

(Maybe I am Lucy... ) :P