Jericho

mrsl

Jericho

Post by mrsl »

Does anyone watch this show? I caught it last week as a fill in after Ghost Whisperer, and again tonight - it looks like it's a sci-fi fans' delight. pktrekgirl, how about you?

I cannot believe I missed about half of last seasons's 4400, and had to sit and read about 7 episodes the other day on the USA site, as well as the Dead Zone. Now I'm going to have to do the same with Jericho to catch up. Since TCM shows so few sci-fi movies, I have to go to commercial TV to get my weekly fix. The problem is the good ones are on channels I rarely watch, so I miss things because they don't run normal seasons like the local networks do. They can run a 'season' for 10 weeks in April, May and June, and if I'm not looking for it, I miss it.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Hi Anne,
I enjoy Jericho. I stumbled across it almost by accident because my Comcast On-Demand has it so I can watch it after the fact. I liked it and was a little sad when I'd heard that it had been canceled. And then very surprised to find that the decision had been reversed, thanks in large part to a huge fan response, and it has been renewed for at least 8 episodes as a mid-season replacement show next year.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

Wanted to let you know in case you missed it due to watching other channels, but Jericho returns this Tuesday at 10:00/9:00 pm CST.

The promos look great. I can't wait!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

I read that they are only making 7 episodes for this mini-season. The best news is that they were speculating that with the writer's strike seriously affecting the number of pilot shows that will be ready to try out that Jericho would have a better chance of being renewed for a full third season in the fall. Go Jericho!
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

I wanted to enjoy this more, but after they kept dragging in one new set of characters after another, showing a greater fondess for teasing than actual story-telling, they blew up themselves and I never found them again.

I'd really like to see some of these shows (LOST, JERICHO, etc.) design a Beginning and End and accomplish that. I know that would be counter to the Network Everyready Directive that all shows must pretend to last forever, but even Gunsmoke didn't do that. It just SEEMS like it's still going...

and going...

and going...
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

Don't forget!! Jericho returns this evening with all new episodes!!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

So... what's going on? Did Simon & Simon get back together? I didn't see Gerald anywhere, but I couldn't remember if they had the really cool pickup truck with the massive front battering ram or if that was The Fall Guy.

I kept thinking the Jericho people could have used either - or both - at some time.

Has Patrick Swayze and his Wolverines arrived? Are they connecting up soon? Or is this all a trick to get the Sarah Conner Chronicles to jump networks?
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

Did you see last night's episode. I thought it Rocked!!!

I really like where they are going with the story this season, just wish it was a full season and not just seven episodes.

Oh well...
Lynn in Lake Balboa

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Hi Lynn:

Well, I'm thinking. I loved the "End of the world as we know it", and the peoples' realization of what had happened, I also liked the town working together in most things to regroup and rebuild. I'm just not sure how I feel about this late 50's, early 60's "Communism/fascism is taking over" theory.

I do like Skeet Ulrich however. He doesn't come on as an overly strong, he-man type. He admits he doesn't have all the answers, and sometimes he looks to others for advice and help. To me that's all good - Nobody's perfect! But I'll definitely keep watching, and hoping it continues.

Anne
Anne

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Okay Lynn:

This week you get a WOW!!!! I never would have expected what happened. Thank goodness nobody heard the string of expletives that I exploded with when the primary news special screen came on. It only lasted through the commercial though.

This next three weeks should be quite interesting, that is if there is any cast left!

The other problem is, refresh my memory, when does Damages start again on Tuesday night at 9:00 p.m.?

Anne
Anne

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

Holy Crap! I would not want to be Goetz next week or the following two weeks after that.

Between Stanley, Jake and Eric, Goetz is the proverbial Dead Man Walking. And imagine what Beck will do once he finds out what old Goetz did. Not smart but then Goetz thinks he is above the law.

Boy is he in for a surprise. I feel really bad for Mimi because didn't Bonnie tell her that they were her family a few weeks ago?

And to top it off, the guy on the other end of Hawkins' cell phone is one of the writers of the report. I wonder if we have met that character and just don't realize it yet?

I just about chewed through my lip when Heather was in Beck's office.

As for Damages, it will be back but was delayed by the writer's strike. I haven't heard a new return date for it yet, but as soon as I do I'll let you know.

WOW! Between the great episode last week on Lost, the Wire and this week's episode of Jericho, it's been a pretty good week for television in the Cutter home.

Praying CBS renews this show.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

The minute I saw Goetz (I mean the actor who plays him), I knew he was definitely one of the really bad guys on the show - he always plays that part.

As for Damages, I was being facetious, if you noticed, I typed in Tuesday, at 9:00, meaning, we would have a decision to make - which to watch, and which to tape and watch later!!!

About the cell phone, I'm trying to determine the voice, I can't tell if I know it, or if I'm just imagining I do.

As for Mimi and Bonnie, I feel sorry for pretty much all the girls on the show, they just seem to be pawns for someone to move around except for the really tough strong ones. I'm afraid Hawkins 'wife' will be gone by next week too.

That bit with Heather in the office was quite a nervous moment I agree. From the next week's trailer, it looks like things are going to be taken outside into the open.

Anne
Anne

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

Days later and I am still thinking about this week's episode.

Once I get to a better monitor I want to go to CBS.com and watch the ending again.

I had forgotten that MayorDad had died in the Richmond house so Jake going back into the house and confronting another death flew over my head on first viewing (though it shouldn't have because the rerun of MayorDad dying coincided with my own dad's medical crisis over the summer).

I am used to DB Sweeney being Mr Nice Guy from that figure skating movie from the 1980s so watching him be Mr. Bad A** is interesting.

Another thing I really liked is how at the beginning of the hour Stanley was a cheerleader for Jennings and Rall. They forgave his debt, gave him back his farm and he walked out of the meeting saying that Dale could no longer trespass on his property to get around the roundblocks.

Bonnie was just awesome in the last ten minutes. Standing out there 'talking' with Goetz and then realizing that they all have guns with military clips, how quickly she puts two and two together.

I love the previews for next week with Jake and Goetz and the stand off outside the hospital. I think that Mimi must still have the ledger or she hid it in the pantry, right? Goetz can't have it.

I wonder how long it will take Beck to come around. I worry that Heather, in all her nervousness, left the pages of the binder askew when she tore the page out and put the binder back and Beck will notice that. But I figure he will forgive that once he is brought into the inner circle by Jake and bringing him into the inner circle should start with telling him about how Ravenwood and Goetz killed Bonnie.

All I can think of when I see Stanley's face is:

"My name is Stanley Richmond. You killed my sister. Prepare to die!"

(with apologies to Mandy Patinkin, William Goldman and Rob Reiner).

I can't wait for Tuesday!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

lzcutter:

"My name is Stanley Richmond. You killed my sister. Prepare to die!"

Well . . . . . . he didn't have to say a word, did he?

Breathe, 2, 3, 4, breathe 2, 3, 4. Do you ever find yourself holding your breath during any of the Jericho episodes? I have to take deep breaths every now and then, because I find myself holding mine.

Since Ice Castles in the 80's, I think that was D.B. Sweeneys' last nice guy role. Since then he's been a wife beater countless times, a sniper, a hired killer, and every other rat you can think of.

Although this is more physically action packed, it's as much a nail biter as Damages in many ways.

I'm confused about Heather. I know she's on Jakes' side, but why is she trusted by both sides? I missed something somewhere.

Anne
Anne

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

I think she was always on Jake's side but managed to find some friends in New Bern that helped against Constantino. Since it sounds like Beck has been applying the NON-velvet glove there (which makes no sense because he has been applying the velvet one in Jericho), Constantino looks like the good guy and since Heather helped lead to his route and downfall from power she must be stopped.

At least I think that's what happened.

No, Stanley did not have to say a word. My heart broke again. First with the loss of MayorDad in reruns, then Hiro on Heroes lost his father, then last week Bonnie and this week Stanley signing to her in the morgue.

I was in tears. I love/hate menopause, I cry at the drop of a hat.

I have to admit, I let out a squee of delight when the Ravenwood guys showed up at Hawkins home. I knew that they weren't long for this world, well at least one of them.

And Hawkins and the bullet count down? Squee! again!

Lennie James, the actor who plays Hawkins, consistently keeps the interest high on this show for me. So underplayed, yet intense.

Next week looks like it comes full circle with the Iraq/American Revolution homage with Jake being taken prisoner, bag thrown over his head and then interrogated.

Can't say I hated the way Goetz went. He had it coming to him.

So, the new president is the one behind all this. Something seems fishy there. I think maybe the voice on the other end of the cell phone is the real old president and not that phony president-elect in Cheyenne with a new flag.

What do you think?

I hate that they keep saying the "final two episodes" then get my hopes up by saying "of the season".

God, I hope this show is renewed.

A year ago, I would have never said that.

I have grown to love this show.
Lynn in Lake Balboa