The Apartment

Intrepid37

Re: The Apartment

Post by Intrepid37 »

jimimac71 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:59 pm Nowhere in this thread is the word "fascinating" until you mentioned it to Dargo.
It's in the discussion to which Dargo is referencing with the Salome Jens mention.

You needn't worry about it.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:30 pm Be honest, Dargo. The reason I "took you to task" is not because of her looks. It's because when I said I found her "fascinating" you just had to pipe up with "I don't" for some reason. And when I tried to explain why I found her so, you doubled down with the "I don't" crap.

It's one thing to defend someone when a person has been criticized negatively - quite another to respond to an honest personal appraisal with negativity for that personal appraisal. It's rude. What was the purpose of it? To convince me that I'm wrong to find her fascinating?

And still you go on and on with these reminders of your poor conduct. You're not a closet narcissist by any chance, are you?
Look darkblue...ahem, I mean "Intrepid"...why is it then that YOU can not now seem to "let sleeping dogs lie" and now seem determined yet again to "dissect" another's behavioral motivations by use of dimestore psychology and accusatorial methods? All I did was explain to Jim, AND in as diplomatic a manner as I could, why I interjected the name of "Salome Jens" into this conversation about the film 'The Apartment'.

(...and so and seeing as how you've brought THIS idea up, might there be more than a little hint of this "closet narcissist" within yourself as well?)
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: June 17th, 2023, 1:13 pm why is it then that YOU can not now seem to "let sleeping dogs lie"
How many times have you referenced Salome Jens in relation to that discussion since then? Five? Six?

Let it go for heaven's sake.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 1:18 pm
Dargo wrote: June 17th, 2023, 1:13 pm why is it then that YOU can not now seem to "let sleeping dogs lie"
How many times have you referenced Salome Jens in relation to that discussion since then? Five? Six?

Actually, all of about two or three other times, if I recall correctly.

Okay! ALRIGHT! Considering that you seem to be unable to TAKE A FREAKIN' JOKE and in the manner it's been offered up, I'll now PROMISE you that you will NEVER EVER again read the name "Salome Jens" offered up by ME within this here website.

(...OH and btw...I AM or WAS correct in my assumption, AND btw the assumption of many OTHER regulars on this website, that you ARE in fact the person many of us knew as "darkblue" years ago on the old TCM boards, right?!...JUST for the record here, you understand)
Last edited by Dargo on June 17th, 2023, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: June 17th, 2023, 1:28 pm

I'll now PROMISE you that you will NEVER EVER again read the name "Salome Jens" offered up by ME within this here website.
Great.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 1:35 pm

I'll now PROMISE you that you will NEVER EVER again read the name "Salome Jens" offered up by ME within this here website.
Great.
Uh-huh, great.

Glad YOU'LL be happy now.

Although here "Rick", you didn't answer my question nor confirm or deny the idea of what many other old TCM board members who are now regulars on these boards have advised, or should I say "warned" me of your original identity on said old boards.

(...or would you like me to now drop THIS subject as well?...I'll do THIS as well if you want...however of course, I'm sure you know that old saying, "Silence gives tacid approval", don't you)
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Dargo is Dargo, and it is safe to say,"Everybody Loves Dargo."
I can push his buttons by using the word humour.
Or mention Ben Mankiewicz.
Back on the old forum was the humor about Hot Spell.
I had to learn about it, but it was a running joke for years.
I don't care who was who on the old forum.
In the words of Ben Matlock, I do care when someone is being a jackass.
If you haven't watched the Matlock TV show, you will be clueless to what I'm saying.
It's one of his favorite words.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: June 17th, 2023, 1:49 pm ...or would you like me to now drop THIS subject as well?...I'll do THIS as well if you want...however of course, I'm sure you know that old saying, "Silence gives tacid approval", don't you)
Wow. You are really, really angry right now, huh?

To answer your question, Dwight Argo, yes - please drop this subject as well.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

jimimac71 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 2:06 pm Dargo is Dargo, and it is safe to say,"Everybody Loves Dargo."
I can push his buttons by using the word humour.
Or mention Ben Mankiewicz.
Back on the old forum was the humor about Hot Spell.
I had to learn about it, but it was a running joke for years.
I don't care who was who on the old forum.
In the words of Ben Matlock, I do care when someone is being a jackass.
If you haven't watched the Matlock TV show, you will be clueless to what I'm saying.
It's one of his favorite words.
BTW I couldn't find the word "fascinating" either. Oh well, I guess I'm blind.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Dargo wrote: June 17th, 2023, 1:49 pm
Intrepid37 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 1:35 pm

Great.
Uh-huh, great.

Glad YOU'LL be happy now.

Although here "Rick", you didn't answer my question nor confirm or deny the idea of what many other old TCM board members who are now regulars on these boards have advised, or should I say "warned" me of your original identity on said old boards.

(...or would you like me to now drop THIS subject as well?...I'll do THIS as well if you want...however of course, I'm sure you know that old saying, "Silence gives tacid approval", don't you)
I don't think the vast majority at this forum would consider silence giving any sort of tactical approval. Instead it would be viewed as keeping one's sanity.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Silence is Golden, I've heard said.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 2:43 pm
Dargo wrote: June 17th, 2023, 1:49 pm ...or would you like me to now drop THIS subject as well?...I'll do THIS as well if you want...however of course, I'm sure you know that old saying, "Silence gives tacid approval", don't you)
Wow. You are really, really angry right now, huh?

To answer your question, Dwight Argo, yes - please drop this subject as well.
Yep, I suppose Dwight Argo is angry right now. Well, let's at least say that I've had "happier moments" in this site than I have in the last couple of hours, anyway.

But, ain't it funny how you seem to elict this so often and in so many people, Rick?!

Okay, now I'll drop it.

(...my, isn't this just like old times?...and here I said earlier in this thing how much we've mellowed over the years...guess I have to admit I was wrong here again, huh)
Last edited by Dargo on June 17th, 2023, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

People hate an honest man.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 2:56 pm People hate an honest man.
Well, you just keep tellin' yourself that if this helps you rationalize your behavior there, Rick ol' boy.

Although for some reason, I still don't think that that sort'a thing truly makes you "happy".

(...but HEY, there I go now soundin' like some dimestore psychologist here myself, huh)
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

No rationalizing needed.

And no, you are definitely no psychologist.