Shadow Banning

Chit-chat, current events
Masha

Re: Shadow Banning

Post by Masha »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 24th, 2023, 3:41 pm
Even masha seems unpleased with my saying that opposing evil online practices with evil online practices is immoral.
I am not pleased by your stance but I am not unpleased by it as that connotes someone has behaved badly and you surely have not done that. Is apleased a word?
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Andree

Post by Andree »

Dargo wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 10:01 pm
LOL

And now with your last line in the above reminding me of yet another quality of yours that I've always admired.

Your consistency.

(...and of which I can always count on) ;)
I hope it's not a foolish consistency. And I am a bit insulted by your saying I never vote in national
elections. I don't vote in local elections either. Just to correct the record.

Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me. :smiley_innocent:
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

laffite wrote: June 24th, 2023, 3:08 pm

HaHa, that is so me. I love my own stabs at humour (for you, Dargo). I don't take for granted that others do. I try not to use emotions because the jokes seem funnier if they can be apprehended without them. My heroes in this vein are Russell Baker and the like. Though I may be lame at humour to most, I still have my heroes.
I tend to rely on emoticons. I've found that if I don't follow up some harmless little comment with w "wink" emoticon, some take that harmless comment too serious and accuse me of being "passive-aggressive" :roll: and start belly aching to get me banned.

Sepiatone
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Sepiatone wrote: June 24th, 2023, 12:20 pm Ya gotta admit Darg, "Intrepid" IS much less obvious than say, "Mood Indigo". ;)

Sepiatone
My favorite of his alter-egos was “Sad Panda.” I looked up Intrepid 37 on Google to see if it was also a SP reference but I just got a bunch of listings of boats for sale. :/ :smiley_huh: :smiley_huh:
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

LostHorizons wrote: June 25th, 2023, 5:22 pm
Sepiatone wrote: June 24th, 2023, 12:20 pm Ya gotta admit Darg, "Intrepid" IS much less obvious than say, "Mood Indigo". ;)

Sepiatone
My favorite of his alter-egos was “Sad Panda.” I looked up Intrepid 37 on Google to see if it was also a SP reference but I just got a bunch of listings of boats for sale. :/ :smiley_huh: :smiley_huh:
I liked SadPanda as well.

After darkblue was permanently banned (after 11 or 12 years of membership), he managed to temporarily return 4 times. SadPanda was the first return. Another was 37kitties.

Can't remember what the other 2 were.

I sure miss Nipkowdisc. I became very fond of that little pisser. He took insults with beautiful acceptance - never seemed to get angry. Wish he was here.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 25th, 2023, 6:21 pm

Sepiatone

After darkblue was permanently banned (after 11 or 12 years of membership), he managed to temporarily return 4 times. SadPanda was the first return. Another was 37kitties.

I sure miss Nipkowdisc. I became very fond of that little pisser. He took insults with beautiful acceptance - never seemed to get angry. Wish he was here.
Nipkowdisc is at the other forum. One reason he is there is because one can post political topics and the threads don't get deleted.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

His name is there - but I haven't come across a post from him yet.

Mind you, I do very little exploration of that community. It's layout is very different from here.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Sepiatone

According to Lawrence iirc, it was theorized HIGHWAY was a Darkblue alt account he made to taunt and harass Princess of Tap though I am not sure I personally believe that one. There were a million “lesser accounts” in the off topic section DB (“R- - -“) theoretically could’ve been I suppose.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

LostHorizons wrote: June 26th, 2023, 12:33 am According to Lawrence iirc, it was theorized HIGHWAY was a Darkblue alt account he made to taunt and harass Princess of Tap though I am not sure I personally believe that one. There were a million “lesser accounts” in the off topic section DB (“R- - -“) theoretically could’ve been I suppose.
No. HIGHWAY was not darkblue. I recall that HIGHWAY was a member for a long time before db was kicked out.

Each the 4 post-darkblue accounts were snitched out. If anyone knows what the 2 I can't remember were, I'd be curious to hear. Starting to get more forgetful these days.
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 25th, 2023, 8:04 pmHis name is there - but I haven't come across a post from him yet.
He has posts in the Misc and Misc/Arts&Leisure subforums there.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

dianedebuda wrote: June 26th, 2023, 7:50 pm
Intrepid37 wrote: June 25th, 2023, 8:04 pmHis name is there - but I haven't come across a post from him yet.
He has posts in the Misc and Misc/Arts&Leisure subforums there.
Thanks, diane!

I'll be clicking on Misc from now on in addition to my usual interests.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Sepiatone

I believe Nipkow posts in "the other place." (Sorry, I see that's already been mentioned.)

I've forgotten the names of the few posters whom I really disliked.

One poster I did like who left a while back was Prince Saliano. He had a great appreciation for horror films. And there were a few posters who frequented the LGBT+ section that I liked, but I've forgotten their names. One used Troy Donahue as his avatar.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Swithin wrote: June 26th, 2023, 10:09 pm

I believe Nipkow posts in "the other place." (Sorry, I see that's already been mentioned.)

I've forgotten the names of the few posters whom I really disliked.

One poster I did like who left a while back was Prince Saliano. He had a great appreciation for horror films. And there were a few posters who frequented the LGBT+ section that I liked, but I've forgotten their names. One used Troy Donahue as his avatar.
The Donahue guy used the screen name “Rayban.” Rayban is a famous sunglasses brand. The relation to Mr. Donahue I am not sure.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

laffite wrote: June 24th, 2023, 11:46 am
Thompson wrote: June 24th, 2023, 7:33 am I went down to the Chelsea Drug Store
To get the prescriptions filled
I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
And Man he looked mighty ill.
We decided to get us a soda
We both got cherry reds
And I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy
And he said one word and that was ????

I said You can’t always get what you want . . .
Good scansion.
Never heard of scansion before. That is a good word.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Vocabulary is important. It’s like brushing your teeth.