Prepare your pot

LostHorizons

Prepare your pot

Post by LostHorizons »

So was it ever explained how she cloned herself? :shock: :o :D :smiley_chinrub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGFLyfJlxp4

She looks so much prettier as the scullery maid in the donkey skin than as the princess. :D
Fedya

Re: Prepare your pot

Post by Fedya »

[rolls a spliff]

[watches video]

Oh, not that kind of pot. And it's not strong enough for comprehending that video.... ;)
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

I've always kept my pot cleaned well. When I partook that is.

Sepiatone
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

LostHorizons wrote: June 24th, 2023, 9:38 pm So was it ever explained how she cloned herself? :shock: :o :D :smiley_chinrub:

She looks so much prettier as the scullery maid in the donkey skin than as the princess. :D
LH, do you know if the gorgeous Mademoiselle Denevue was doing her own singing there, or might it have been dubbed?
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Dargo wrote: June 25th, 2023, 2:14 pm
LostHorizons wrote: June 24th, 2023, 9:38 pm So was it ever explained how she cloned herself? :shock: :o :D :smiley_chinrub:

LH, do you know if the gorgeous Mademoiselle Denevue was doing her own singing there, or might it have been dubbed?
The singing voice for Catherine Deneuve's character in DONKEY SKIN was Anne Germain, the same singer who provided the singing voice for Catherine Deneuve's character in THE YOUNG GIRLS OF ROCHEFORT.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

HoldenIsHere wrote: June 25th, 2023, 2:35 pm
Dargo wrote: June 25th, 2023, 2:14 pm

The singing voice for Catherine Deneuve's character in DONKEY SKIN was Anne Germain, the same singer who provided the singing voice for Catherine Deneuve's character in THE YOUNG GIRLS OF ROCHEFORT.
Thanks for the answer here, Holden.

And so before just now doing an internet search on her, I was going to ask you if perhaps she might've been considered something like the "Marni Nixon of France". However and after now checking her filmography, it appears she only dubbed another actress' singing voice twice and both ended up being for Deneuve's.

(...and whereas of course, Miss Nixon supplied the singing voice for a number of Hollywood actresses back in the day)
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Fedya wrote: June 25th, 2023, 8:36 am [rolls a spliff]

[watches video]

Oh, not that kind of pot. And it's not strong enough for comprehending that video.... ;)
Funnily enough, it actually means “prepare your dough” but I liked this silly rendering better. :)
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

HoldenIsHere wrote: June 25th, 2023, 2:35 pm The singing voice for Catherine Deneuve's character in DONKEY SKIN was Anne Germain, the same singer who provided the singing voice for Catherine Deneuve's character in THE YOUNG GIRLS OF ROCHEFORT.
Yay! Another Germain in the film industry!!
BagelOnAPlate

Post by BagelOnAPlate »

I think it was just part of the magic. :)
The magic wand that the lilac fairy gave her could do all sorts of things!
She uses it to get the dress the color of the sun out of the trunk and then - bling! - a royal double of herself (complete with crown) appears inside the dress ready to make the cake for the prince while she reads (or rather sings) the instructions.

This is one of my favorite scenes in one of my favorite movies.
I especially love the part where the chick comes out the egg.