The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

I Love Melvin

Re: The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

Post by I Love Melvin »

Nellie LaRoy wrote: October 28th, 2023, 6:16 pm
Also, does anyone know if Catherine O'Hara really did her own singing in the movie? She seems to be credited as doing so, in the film's credits, and if that is correct, she did an amazingly good job at it.
IMDb sez Catherine O'Hara sang "Sally's Song" and in all of the other songs in which the character was featured, Back in the old SCTV days she and the rest of the cast sang frequently in all sorts of genres, more often than not as parodies of those genres. She was and is super talented. Since Christmas is on the horizon, I'm going to throw in this special treat. God only knows whether or not this will be to your taste, but it's an indelible part of her resume and something which still brings tears to my eyes.

"When Fortuna spins you downward, go out to a movie and get more out of life."...Ignatious J. Reilly, A Confederacy of Dunces.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Nellie LaRoy wrote: October 28th, 2023, 6:16 pm Surely, this has to be one of the most beloved animated movies of the last few decades, right?
I dunno, saw it in the theater when it first came out....left me cold. I especially disliked the music.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

I always watch this one at Christmas, not Halloween. It fits both seasons though.