FOR PEEBS: "CUPID'S FIREMAN"

NoShear

FOR PEEBS: "CUPID'S FIREMAN"

Post by NoShear »

The following film is said to have been released 100 years ago on this date, Peebs:

Charles Jones would later become better known as Buck Jones and with his earnings from movies such as the aforementioned he eventually saw the realization of fittingly a Spanish style estate erected in the San Fernando Valley:

The home eventually evolved into a day care/nursery school for the likes such as me. I still remember the Christmas lights which adorned the exterior...

Another Holidays season memory rooted in the San Fernando Valley's film history is the reindeer of Panorama City, once holiday tradition for many a San Fernando Valley resident:

The Panorama City Shopping Center reindeer were said to have been originally culled from Hearst Castle by developer
Fritz Burns and grazed during the off-season at what had previously been D. W. Griffith's studio ranch in the north hills section of Sylmar, California.

Merry Christmas, Film Friend!!
Last edited by NoShear on December 16th, 2023, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KayFrancis

Re: FOR PEEBS: "CUPID'S FIREMAN"

Post by KayFrancis »

Just curious, does Peebs ever read this thread? If so, Happy Holidays Peebs and it would be great if you joined this site.
NoShear

Re: FOR PEEBS: "CUPID'S FIREMAN"

Post by NoShear »

NoShear wrote: December 16th, 2023, 3:39 pm The following film is said to have been released 100 years ago on this date, Peebs:

Charles Jones would later become better known as Buck Jones and with his earnings from movies such as the aforementioned he eventually saw the realization of fittingly a Spanish style estate erected in the San Fernando Valley:

The home eventually evolved into a day care/nursery school for the likes such as me. I still remember the Christmas lights which adorned the exterior...

Merry Christmas, Film Friend!!
Peebs, I got the following book for Christmas:

and was brought full circle with my memory of the Buck Jones estate during the Holidays season. William Mellenthin bought land in the San Fernando Valley which was owned by Buck Jones so the author included some info on the Jones property and a pair of photos of the Jones home I hadn't previously seen. He also offered a clever tie-in with the aforementioned real estate purchase:

Mention of television shows shot in the San Fernando Valley also are included but, unless I overlooked, the following grab is not:

!!