WHAT'S HAPPENED TO KINGRAT????

Chit-chat, current events
Swithin

Re: WHAT'S HAPPENED TO KINGRAT????

Post by Swithin »

I don't think anyone was "booted out." It's obviously (IMHO) a technical issue.

Although maybe the new "skimpole" is not the real skimpole. Maybe it's like this:

Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Yes, but while MIA it appears they can't post so they are in limbo. Almost the same. If they reappear and don't act like their old selves, I'll start to worry!
Last edited by Hibi on February 27th, 2024, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skimpole

Post by skimpole »

No, I am the real Skimpole and I was wondering why I couldn't log in yesterday, so I re-registered. Only then did I realize that all my old posts had vanished. Which is very alarming.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Hibi wrote: February 27th, 2024, 1:50 pm Yes, but while MIA it appears they can't post so they are in limbo. Almost the same.
According to "Who is online" below, skimpole is now viewing this thread.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

skimpole wrote: February 27th, 2024, 1:51 pm No, I am the real Skimpole and I was wondering why I couldn't log in yesterday, so I re-registered. Only then did I realize that all my old posts had vanished. Which is very alarming.

Welcome back! I hope they can get your old posts to reappear. What a drag. So you DID have to reregister. Interesting.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

skimpole wrote: February 27th, 2024, 1:51 pm No, I am the real Skimpole and I was wondering why I couldn't log in yesterday, so I re-registered. Only then did I realize that all my old posts had vanished. Which is very alarming.
You say you are the real Skimpole, but you could be like Uncle Ira!

Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Skimpole, did you fall asleep?
Masha

Post by Masha »

All of my posts disappeared and I was dissipated into the void of non-entities approx. ten years ago. I recall that I was attempting to change an item in my profile and then it was all gone. I had to have an admin set or reset a thing before I could reregister. I do not know if I was ever told the details.

This should be a subtle warning to all those who would thwart me - I was banished to the netherworld once and returned with a vengeance. I can do it again! :twisted:

My real regret from that time is that I had begun a thread re: Bell Book and Candle (1958). Several people commented on the wit and perspicacity of the opening post. I am sad to say that it is gone and I now have no idea what bit of odd brilliance I had stumbled across and appropriated for a post.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Formidable!
skimpole

Post by skimpole »

Swithin wrote: February 27th, 2024, 2:10 pm
You say you are the real Skimpole, but you could be like Uncle Ira!

But I, being the real Skimpole, would remember that in the Spoilers thread whose posts have vanished I was referring to a movie (a) where a protagonist recognizes a chauffeur as one of the heavies he encountered earlier in the movie, and gets on a motorcycle to pursue him (b) the cover of a Sam Cooke song plays over the credits (c) the romantic couple in the movie later married, had children, and divorced (d) the protagonist in (a) is a member of a reasonably well respected comedy troupe and (e) the actor who plays the grocery manager appeared in three Altman films, two of them fairly well admired even today.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

THE REAL DEAL!!!!
Masha

Post by Masha »

skimpole wrote: February 27th, 2024, 2:56 pm But I, being the real Skimpole, [...]
I do hope that you will tolerate a small amount of incredulity but I find your contention slightly askew as I never truly believed that: 'skimpole' was 'real' in the traditional sense. More like a dream fairy who appears out of nowhere to sprinkle bon mots and bits of wisdom onto our dreary lives.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Masha wrote: February 27th, 2024, 3:33 pm
skimpole wrote: February 27th, 2024, 2:56 pm But I, being the real Skimpole, [...]
I do hope that you will tolerate a small amount of incredulity but I find your contention slightly askew as I never truly believed that: 'skimpole' was 'real' in the traditional sense. More like a dream fairy who appears out of nowhere to sprinkle bon mots and bits of wisdom onto our dreary lives.
"I don't want realism.

I want MAGIC!!!!"
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Can there possibly be 128 guests on here today? That must be more than our membership! Something is off here.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

There are always a lot of guests here I've noticed except for the overnight hours.