Chit-chat, current events
Hibi

Re: WHAT'S HAPPENED TO KINGRAT????

Post by Hibi »

LOL!
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

And King rat is back now. Thank goodness.
skimpole

Post by skimpole »

But my post are still all gone. How do we correct that?
Helicopter guy

Post by Helicopter guy »

Hibi wrote: February 27th, 2024, 3:45 pm Can there possibly be 128 guests on here today? That must be more than our membership! Something is off here.
Bots, mostly. Search engines.
kingrat

Post by kingrat »

Thank you, everyone, for being concerned. I missed all of you! Many thanks to my dear friend lzcutter for helping me back. No one seems to know why some of us were suddenly thrown off. For those of us who were deleted, apparently our messages were deleted with us.

Gulp.

I suppose the Zen idea of beginner's mind applies. But from now on it is important to copy and save any reviews or lists I might want to look at later.

What I miss most are the notes I made from the film festivals, so that I wouldn't have to rely on my memory.

Hibi, many thanks for starting this thread.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Helicopter guy wrote: February 29th, 2024, 12:45 am
Hibi wrote: February 27th, 2024, 3:45 pm Can there possibly be 128 guests on here today? That must be more than our membership! Something is off here.
Yep, and I could be wrong here, but I think the primary reason it was made so difficult (by Lomm?) to register as a new member into this website was to keep said Bots from infilitrating it and then subsequently post multitudes of unwanted spam, and as was the case many times over the years on the old TCM boards.

(...btw skimpole and KR and anyone else this glitch has affected...I sure hope Lomm can figure out how to get your old postings back...it'd be a shame to permanently lose them)
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

jimimac71 wrote: February 28th, 2024, 1:04 pmUntil yesterday, I hadn't posted since February 14th. I enjoy posts from Diane. I think of her when the Consumer Cellular "Butt Dial" ad comes on with the person on a tractor.
You weren't the only one away from SSO then. Think I skipped my daily visits here from mid-Jan until just a few days ago. Had a spreadsheet to work on that became an obsession. Even postponed getting tomato & pepper seeds started which is now going to bite me 'cause looks like garden planting time is going to be earlier than our usual mid-March time frame.

Saw the ad you mentioned for the first time last night - I watch very little TV and usually FF the commercials. That's a mower, not a tractor she's riding. Tractors know better. 😆
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

I wish I knew what happened to those who were deleted. There is absolutely no record in any logs of these accounts being modified. Sadly, because the posts are gone, and not just marked "anonymous" (which apparently is a possibility when an account is deleted, but didn't happen here), I have no way to recover the old posts.

Registration is difficult because GoDaddy, the provider who hosts our website, does not have an email server available to us as our old host did. The old host was bought by GoDaddy, and merged our service into theirs. In comparison, they are garbage and a great disappointment. The email server issue means I cannot get the board to send the registration confirmation emails out anymore, and I have to manually activate new accounts.

Everything about this is frustrating to me. I'm sorry it happened.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

CinemaInternational wrote: February 28th, 2024, 8:52 pm And King rat is back now. Thank goodness.
PRAISE THE LORD! Good news!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

kingrat wrote: February 29th, 2024, 1:54 am Thank you, everyone, for being concerned. I missed all of you! Many thanks to my dear friend lzcutter for helping me back. No one seems to know why some of us were suddenly thrown off. For those of us who were deleted, apparently our messages were deleted with us.

Gulp.

I suppose the Zen idea of beginner's mind applies. But from now on it is important to copy and save any reviews or lists I might want to look at later.

What I miss most are the notes I made from the film festivals, so that I wouldn't have to rely on my memory.

Hibi, many thanks for starting this thread.

Anytime. So glad you're back!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Lomm wrote: February 29th, 2024, 7:45 am I wish I knew what happened to those who were deleted. There is absolutely no record in any logs of these accounts being modified. Sadly, because the posts are gone, and not just marked "anonymous" (which apparently is a possibility when an account is deleted, but didn't happen here), I have no way to recover the old posts.

Registration is difficult because GoDaddy, the provider who hosts our website, does not have an email server available to us as our old host did. The old host was bought by GoDaddy, and merged our service into theirs. In comparison, they are garbage and a great disappointment. The email server issue means I cannot get the board to send the registration confirmation emails out anymore, and I have to manually activate new accounts.

Everything about this is frustrating to me. I'm sorry it happened.

That's terrible about the old posts. I guess we should keep that in mind from now on when we post. You cant assume anything. Thanks for all that you do.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Helicopter guy wrote: February 29th, 2024, 12:45 am
I see. Thanks.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

So Nellie is still MIA?
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

I don't believe this is the first time Lomm had issues with GoDaddy.
I've heard of other GoDaddy issues.
What a pain in the azz.
Maybe Lomm can find a new/better host.
Some of us remember the spam attack at the old TCM forum.
I'm guessing Lomm is needing to avoid that.
Yes Diane, I guess that is a lawn mower. Pretty quiet for a lawn mower.
I was pretty sure it was a female behind, so I got that right.
I don't FF through commercials as I don't use the DVR much.
I'm quite old fashioned and a Consumer Cellular customer with a little red flip phone.
I too thank Hibi for bringing this situation to the forum.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

I have a Consumer Cellular flip phone as well. I hung on to my landline for a long time. But when I moved a few years ago, it seemed a good time to change up (as ATT would've socked me for the installation charge). Eventually I'll get a smart phone. I'm slow adapting to change.......