WAR MADE EASY - great new film!

Chit-chat, current events
Dewey1960

WAR MADE EASY - great new film!

Post by Dewey1960 »

The producers of the film HIJACKING CATASTROPHE have recently completed a new documentary called WAR MADE EASY. This incredible film (based on the book of the same title by Norman Solomon) discusses how politicians and the media help sell the concept of war to the public. It will be opening in theaters later this summer and I urge everyone to check it out! Youtube has many other clips from the film.

[youtube][/youtube]
ken123

Post by ken123 »

I have the book and it is very good, so I expect the film to be good also. 8)
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Since my first post about the new film produced by Media Education Foundation, WAR MADE EASY, an interesting new development has occurred: my wife and I have been hired to be the US theatrical distributor for the film!! (We were also the distributor of their previous film, HIJACKING CATSTROPHE in 2004.)

WAR MADE EASY will have its official theatrical premiere in San Francisco at the ROXIE CINEMA on Friday, August 24. Other dates around the country to follow. I hope that when the film opens in your city, you'll have the opportunity to attend a screening. It's a powerful film with an important message.

Anyone who's interested can learn more about it at www.warmadeeasythemovie.org

Here's another clip:

[youtube][/youtube]
Moraldo Rubini

Buzz

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

This movie made the front page of yesterday's San Francisco Chronicle. The controversy regarding the film wasn't so much about media manipulation and the war as intellectual property and copyright law. Apparently there's already been a screening at Oakland's Grand Lake Theatre. This buzz should help the box office for the premiere run at the Roxie in San Francisco next week...
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

The article in yesterday's Chronicle was a great awareness generator for the film in preparation for next Friday's opening at the Roxie. The Chronicle's Mick LaSalle will be reviewing it in their Datebook section on opening day. Mick (who's written a couple of books on pre-code Hollywood) has a strong penchant for left-wing political documentaries, so there's a good chance he'll review it well. (As the film's distributor, we certainly hope he does!)
Incidentally, the screening at the Grand Lake in Oakland was incredible; 600 people showed up and they really loved it. They were, of course, the choir.
Moraldo, if you'd like a pair of comp tix for the film, let me know and I'll tell the boxoffice people to hold them under your username.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Norman Solomon the author of the book version of " War Made Easy " was on ' The Bernie Ward Show " KGO Radio San Francisco last week. I listen to his show on the internet. I don't think that there are any liberals on Chicago Radio anymore. :cry:
Moraldo Rubini

Much obliged

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Dewey1960 wrote:Moraldo, if you'd like a pair of comp tix for the film, let me know and I'll tell the boxoffice people to hold them under your username.
I'm not one to turn down free tickets to a movie. That'd be swell! Thanks Dewey!
Dewey1960

WAR MADE EASY review

Post by Dewey1960 »

For anyone who might be interested, the link below will take you to this morning's SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE's review of WAR MADE EASY. It's the second review down on the list...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... ype=movies

WAR MADE EASY will also be opening in Berkeley and San Rafael on August 31. We hope to have it playing in YOUR city very soon!

Moraldo, your name (plus one) is on the guest list at the Roxie for any show, run of engagement; hope you enjoy the show!
Moraldo Rubini

Re: WAR MADE EASY review

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Dewey wrote:Moraldo, your name (plus one) is on the guest list at the Roxie for any show, run of engagement; hope you enjoy the show
Congratulations on the rave reviews, Dewey! And thank you for the complimentary tix!!
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

WAR MADE EASY update: a great opening night at the Roxie in San Francisco last night. Well attended and well received by the crowd! We've added theaters in Berkeley (The Elmwood) and up in Marin county (Rafael Film Center) starting next Friday, August 31.

Here's another clip from the film:
[youtube][/youtube]

Thanks for checking it out!!

"Mr & Mrs Dewey"
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Dewey, I saw a trailer for this film last weekend at my local art house cinema. Any idea when it will be coming to Cleveland?

Sandy K
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Sandy said: "I saw a trailer for this film last weekend at my local art house cinema. Any idea when it will be coming to Cleveland?"

Hi Sandy - We have yet to make a booking in the great city of Cleveland. Many unauthorized screenings are popping up around the country and as the distributors of the film, we have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, we believe that it's important for everyone to see this film, but on the other, it needs to be done in a legitimate fashion. So...could you please pass along the name of the theater where you saw the trailer? That way we can contact them and make a formal arrangement with them to play the film! Thanks so much for bringing that to our attention!!
-Dewey
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Dewey, I sent you a PM. I was confusing your film, War Made Easy, with a film entitled No End in Sight. Boy, do I feel silly...

Sandy K
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

For all those in the Harford, CT area, WAR MADE EASY will be opening at the Reel Art Ways Cinema in Hartford the weekend of Friday, September 14 - Sunday, September 16. The film's co-director will be present for a Q & A. Check their website www.reelartways.org for more info!!
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

WAR MADE EASY - opening tonight (Sept 7) in Berkeley, CA!! Opening in mid-October at Oak Street Cinema in Minneapolis. More to come!

[youtube][/youtube]