Joan Sims and Liz Fraser

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Joan Sims and Liz Fraser

Post by stuart.uk »

Three lesser known British actress, but what treasures.

Joan had the ability to play a plain looking girl in movies like Doctor In The House or Carry-On Nurse, but could play beauty's in films like Carry On Camping and Nurse On Wheels. in one of her last roles she was one of The Blonde Bombshells, along with Judi Dench and June Whitfield

blonde bombshell Liz Fraser also made a couple of Carry-Ons, noteably Cabby with Kenneth Conner. she also had two different roles oppisite Peter Sellers. she was his daughter in I'm All Right Jack, but his girl-friend in Two Way Stretch. there was the sexy scene where she lifted the hem of her skirt to distract prison guards, so vistors could smuggle items to the inmates. she recently played Bill Owen's Compo's secret lover in Last Of The Summer Wine
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Joan Sims was a treasure. I am most familiar with her work in As Time Goes By (I can hear the groans from all those who know how much I love this series) Madge Hardcastle was such a lovely eccentric. Her pink Cadillac with the longhorns on the front, her cowboy boots, everything about her was truly funny.
melwalton

Sims

Post by melwalton »

Nancy
Sims was, also, a grade A actress. Among others, she gave an award deserving performance in the comedy 'Your Past is Showing' which was, also, a very funny movie. .... mel
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Nancy

in middle age Joan, who you'll know put on a lot of weight, played an alcholic housekeeper in a decent sit-com called On The Up. it starred ex-Sweeney star Dennis Waterman, as liberated boss of his household staff, including manservent the underrated Sam Kelly, who called him both Master and Tony. Joan played housekeeper Mrs. Wembley, who when offered a drink would always say 'Just the one.'

she never married, but was once proposed to by gay Carry-On actor Kenneth Williams