A Nice, Final Tribute to Sweet Suzanne!

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
klondike

A Nice, Final Tribute to Sweet Suzanne!

Post by klondike »

Found this today on MSN:

>>> Pleshette Gets Posthumous Hollywood Star
Jan. 31, 2008, 11:50 PM EST
Suzanne Pleshette got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday, less than two weeks after she died of respiratory failure.

On what would have been her 71st birthday, Pleshette received the walk's 2,355th star.

The husky-voiced television, film and theater star died Jan. 19. She underwent chemotherapy for lung cancer in 2006. She was best known for her role as Bob Newhart's wife on "The Bob Newhart Show," a CBS comedy that ran from 1972-78.

Newhart attended the star's unveiling, which had been planned before Pleshette's death.

"The only thing that exceeds her talent and her beauty was her bravery, because she was one of the greatest women," Newhart said.

"Many people walk through your life and very few people leave footprints on your heart," said Marcia Wallace, another "Newhart" co-star. "She left footprints on my heart, and now we can all leave our footprints on her star. She'd love it."

Tina Sinatra, a daughter of Frank Sinatra, accepted the star on Pleshette's behalf.

"The thought of her with Johnny Grant really makes me feel better," Sinatra said, referring to Hollywood's longtime honorary mayor, who for years presided at star unveilings before his death on Jan. 9. <<<

You deserve it, Darlin'; see you in our Dreams!
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

This just in on the beautiful Miss Pleshette...
[youtube][/youtube]
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I just wanted to remind those who enjoy Suzanne Pleshette films that TCM is showing A Rage To Live (1965) tonight, Mar 7th, at 6:15PM ET. While I can't say that I "like" this movie, it has a certain fascination, especially since any time Suzanne Pleshette is on screen, it is a joy, even if the author John O'Hara, the screenwriters, and Sigmund Freud's theories on the human female let her down in this one.
Suzanne P. in "A Rage To Live." She reminds me a bit of an angry cat in this film. Or is it a wet hen?

Btw, The Birds will be shown on April 1st, 8pm & May 3rd at 3:45am.
What may have been among Ms. Pleshette's best big screen roles, in Support Your Local Gunfighter, will be seen on TCM on May 17th at 2:00pm.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Beautiful picture of Suzanne! I caught a few minutes of Rage to Live which surprised me because I hadn't realized this O'Hara book had been made into a movie. I kind of like his books, he's so sarcastic about middleclass American life. I hope TCM airs it again because I really want to see the whole thing.

Nice to know about the Star on the Walk of Fame.