Marius Goring

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Marius Goring

Post by stuart.uk »

I was watching a re-run of the Man In A Suitcase epsiode Blind Spot and was reminded of Marius Goring, who played a campish French drug dealer, exploiting blind girl Felicty Kendall.

My first experience of Goring was in the late 60s/early 70s drama serial The Expert, where he played Professor John Hardy in what was a pre-Quincy type of series. It was only later I discovered in was a film star, who many in America will remember in The Red Shoes and A Matter Of Life And Death. He was also in the true story Odette, a film about secret agents Peter and Odette Churchill, as played by Trevor Howard and Anna Neagle. He also had a good role in the John Mills classic I Was Monty's Double
Jezebel38

Re: Marius Goring

Post by Jezebel38 »

I've grown to like Marius Goring more as time passes, and would love to see more of his films - he sure had a long career in film and television. Of course the first film I saw him in was THE RED SHOES, and I am afraid he did not quite fit my idea of romantic lead - somewhat like how I feel about Leslie Howard in GWTW - but I've grown to like him more in this role; I especially like his very authentic manner on the conducting podium - is quite apparent to me that he actually must have a musical background. And his Conductor 71 in AMOLAD - such a different role! - is a highlight for me in that film. He has a small role in SPY IN BLACK, and also pops up in PANDORA AND THE FLYING DUTCHMAN - both films I've watched numerous times. In looking over his IMDB listing I see he also made a few films in Germany in the early 1950's with his second wife Lucie Mannheim; one film titled SO LITTLE TIME (1953) sounds intriguing as it seems to have fallen out of circulation, but remembered fondly by those who have seen it.