MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
dianedebuda

Re: MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Post by dianedebuda »

Andree wrote: March 8th, 2023, 4:31 pmFX had What a Way to Go! on this afternoon
"Melrose! For-give me!" 🤣
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

TikiSoo wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 8:01 am
CinemaInternational wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 12:52 am It's arguably some of the most unnecessary nudity in movie history.
Unnecessary? Makes me want to see it! :lol:
Feel free. My opinion of the nudity aside, it is a wonderful, powerful film. Speaking of things to be seen, I recall you are a big fan of Peter Bogdanovich and Cybill Shepherd, and last year, when I saw At Long Last Love, I think you either said you hadn't seen it, or hadn't seen it for many years. Someone put a great looking print of it on YouTube, so you have the chance to see it now.

Andree

Post by Andree »

dianedebuda wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:23 pm "Melrose! For-give me!" 🤣
I just watched a few minutes of it. Maybe they will show it again soon. FX got on a The Day the Earth Stood Still jag a few
years ago where it seemed it was shown every other day.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Intrepid37 wrote: March 8th, 2023, 3:14 pm Mmm... anchovies.

Welcome, Intrepid! I love anchovies too! They are particularly delightful on pizza along with sausage and onion.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: March 9th, 2023, 11:33 amWelcome, Intrepid! I love anchovies too! They are particularly delightful on pizza along with sausage and onion.
Yep.

I spent most of life asking for them - only to see everyone make a face at my request.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

LawrenceA wrote: March 8th, 2023, 2:44 pm Did you know that the primary ingredient in ketchup was originally mushrooms? And that even after tomatoes replaced them as ingredient #1, another central ingredient was originally anchovies?

Something to muse, ponder, and ruminate over.

Important ruminating, Lawrence!

I think ketchup may have Asian Indian roots.

A-1 steak sauce is another muse-worthy condiment.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Intrepid, only the best people appreciate anchovies.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Andree, I think the only Fassbinder movie I've seen is ALI but do not remember it very well.

Oy, WHAT A WAY TO GO -- a real '60's mess. Gene Kelly is fairly amusing as an egoistic movie idol but that's not saying much. Shirley wears all these "fab" outfits but overall I found it a painful slog.

Ed Wood, bless his heart. GLEN OR GLENDA is another winner.

THE OSCAR co-stars Tony Bennett as Hymie Kelly, whose words of wisdom ring through the ages: "Lie down with pigs and you wake up smellin' like gaaabaaage!"

Speaking of painful slogs, try getting through Woody Allen's ANOTHER WOMAN. Just try.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

LAFFITE, forgive me but I have to write this here -- I tried posting three replies to your last PM but when I hit Submit it doesn't, says I have to wait to post again which makes no sense.

Do not know the make and model of this computer -- it is falling apart -- and did not understand what you said re: sending something. I do not think you understand just how tech-challenged I am, lol.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Guys, if you do not hear from me quickly enough it is because I am experiencing problems with my age-old computer. I definitely need a new one but that is not possible right now.

Bear with me and, well, carry on!
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: March 9th, 2023, 11:42 am Intrepid, only the best people appreciate anchovies.
I don't know about that...I like anchovies, too. :lol:
Watching until the end.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: March 9th, 2023, 11:52 am Andree, I think the only Fassbinder movie I've seen is ALI but do not remember it very well.

Oy, WHAT A WAY TO GO -- a real '60's mess. Gene Kelly is fairly amusing as an egoistic movie idol but that's not saying much. Shirley wears all these "fab" outfits but overall I found it a painful slog.

THE OSCAR co-stars Tony Bennett as Hymie Kelly, whose words of wisdom ring through the ages: "Lie down with pigs and you wake up smellin' like gaaabaaage!"

Speaking of painful slogs, try getting through Woody Allen's ANOTHER WOMAN. Just try.

DAMN! I missed my chance to record/watch THE OSCAR! I remember seeing it on the schedule and checking now it was on MONDAY MORNING! Who knows when they'll run it again (Paramount). Bad Movie Nirvana. P-SSED! :( Maybe it'll pop up somewhere else (with commercials) this month.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Hibi wrote: March 9th, 2023, 2:41 pm
Bronxgirl48 wrote: March 9th, 2023, 11:52 am Andree, I think the only Fassbinder movie I've seen is ALI but do not remember it very well.

DAMN! I missed my chance to record/watch THE OSCAR! I remember seeing it on the schedule and checking now it was on MONDAY MORNING! Who knows when they'll run it again (Paramount). Bad Movie Nirvana. P-SSED! :( Maybe it'll pop up somewhere else (with commercials) this month.

THE OSCAR is available on Watch TCM through March 13th.
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: March 9th, 2023, 11:52 amOy, WHAT A WAY TO GO -- a real '60's mess. Gene Kelly is fairly amusing as an egoistic movie idol but that's not saying much. Shirley wears all these "fab" outfits but overall I found it a painful slog.
Strange that I find quite a few people don't care for it, but I think it's really funny. 🤷‍♀️
Bronxgirl48 wrote: March 9th, 2023, 11:52 amSpeaking of painful slogs, try getting through Woody Allen's ANOTHER WOMAN. Just try.
Feel the same with just about every movie he made. Think there was one that I tried & liked ... kinda. 😞
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

HoldenIsHere wrote: March 9th, 2023, 2:49 pm
Hibi wrote: March 9th, 2023, 2:41 pm

THE OSCAR is available on Watch TCM through March 13th.
Thanks. But my cable doesn't provide that.