For Bronxgirl48: Mother's Day

Chit-chat, current events
NoShear

For Bronxgirl48: Mother's Day

Post by NoShear »

I fell away but never forgot a poignant Mother's Day message you once posted in memory of your mom on the old TCM boards, Bronxgirl48...
I'm confident that you'll get the following:

Hibi

Re: For Bronxgirl48: Mother's Day

Post by Hibi »

And what would Mother's Day be without a showing of I Remember Mama?? (I've heard the rare times they don't show it they get a lot of complaints!) I rarely miss it. Love this film and Irene Dunne is so great in it. Great direction by George Stevens too.
I Love Melvin

Post by I Love Melvin »

My favorite movie mother:

"When Fortuna spins you downward, go out to a movie and get more out of life."...Ignatious J. Reilly, A Confederacy of Dunces.
Fedya

Post by Fedya »

Hibi wrote: May 13th, 2024, 11:21 am And what would Mother's Day be without a showing of I Remember Mama?? (I've heard the rare times they don't show it they get a lot of complaints!) I rarely miss it. Love this film and Irene Dunne is so great in it. Great direction by George Stevens too.
You forgot Mildred Pierce.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Oh NoShear, I am so very touched. Thank you my friend.

And for everyone here who have lost mothers -- may their memories be a blessing to you all.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

I treated by mom and my maternal grandmother to a screening of ROMAN HOLIDAY at the Music Box Theatre in Chicago on Mother's Day.
Grandma will be 80 next month.

Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Holden, what a lovely Mother's Day gift for your mom and her mother. (congratulations to your grandma) Like ROMAN HOLIDAY, you are a class act. (and handsome!)
umop apisdn

Post by umop apisdn »

HoldenIsHere wrote: May 13th, 2024, 10:35 pm I treated by mom and my maternal grandmother to a screening of ROMAN HOLIDAY at the Music Box Theatre in Chicago on Mother's Day.

The Music Box Theater is lovely. I am excited for the Liz & Monty series they are running. I am going to be busy this summer, but hopefully I can attend a few screenings.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

HoldenIsHere wrote: May 13th, 2024, 10:35 pm I treated by mom and my maternal grandmother to a screening of ROMAN HOLIDAY at the Music Box Theatre in Chicago on Mother's Day.

Gee Holden, I thought you were the other guy in your avatar.
If that's your Mom, she looks fantastic.
If that's Grandma, she looks even more fantastic.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

umop apisdn wrote: May 14th, 2024, 7:34 am

The Music Box Theater is lovely. I am excited for the Liz & Monty series they are running. I am going to be busy this summer, but hopefully I can attend a few screenings.

I hadn't heard of the Music Box, but checking on Cinema Treasures it dates back to 1929 and looks beautiful from the pictures. Nice it has survived all these years and is still showing movies.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

What a nice looking couple! She doesn't look old enough to be your mother.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

umop apisdn wrote: May 14th, 2024, 7:34 am

I want to see THE MISFITS. It's screening at the Music Box in June.
I have never seen Marylin Monroe or Montgomery Clift on the big screen.
I wish they would screen BUS STOP.

A PLACE IN THE SUN is scheduled for July.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

For the record/clarity: My brother's mother-in-law will be 83 next month.
She does not look it except for her hair being natural now.
I did not intentionally mean to say the wrong thing, but I may have my foot in my mouth anyway.
You may recall Wynonna and Naomi Judd (from left to right):
Naomi is no longer with us and her death was quite sad. She's the mother.
I met them both in person early in their careers.
Among other things, Wynonna rides a Harley.
Their first single (1983):
umop apisdn

Post by umop apisdn »

Hibi wrote: May 14th, 2024, 10:46 am I hadn't heard of the Music Box, but checking on Cinema Treasures it dates back to 1929 and looks beautiful from the pictures. Nice it has survived all these years and is still showing movies.
Wrigley Field is about a 5 minute walk from there. It's a great neighborhood and I have a friend who lives about 1/2 block from Wrigley. She's living my dream! I would be at the ballpark or at the Music Box all the time if I lived there. The parking is terrible though.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

umop apisdn wrote: May 14th, 2024, 7:18 pm
Hibi wrote: May 14th, 2024, 10:46 am I hadn't heard of the Music Box, but checking on Cinema Treasures it dates back to 1929 and looks beautiful from the pictures. Nice it has survived all these years and is still showing movies.
Wrigley Field is about a 5 minute walk from there. It's a great neighborhood and I have a friend who lives about 1/2 block from Wrigley. She's living my dream! I would be at the ballpark or at the Music Box all the time if I lived there. The parking is terrible though.
That's why I take the el!