VACATION TIME!!!!

Chit-chat, current events
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Ah, so beautiful.

And my, aren't you all so very blonde? We don't see too much of that achieved without artificial enhancement in NYC, you know.

Lovely photos and lovely family. Can we see some more?

Judith
[Brunette]
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

You and your kids are beautiful, CCfan. Thanks so much for sharing those. That street in Taormina, Sicily looks enchanting. Ah, I think I hear the theme from Cinema Paradiso playing... :wink:

Being a busybody, I just couldn't leave the image of you and your little guy lying on its right side, so here it is for those who don't want a crick in their neck...
La Bella et Un ragazzo bello, no? My Italian's pretty rusty so "mi, scusi, prego". Grazie mille for posting these pics.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Synnove

Post by Synnove »

The images are lovely. You and the kids have seen some incredibly beautiful sights. I hope your fever is lower tomorrow. :)
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them. It's always nice to learn more about people here at the Oasis.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

What enchanting sights Alison! I envy you getting to experience them! Yes Alison does have the most precious family!

Feel better soon! :)
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Thank you everyone, they are very precious. There are some more pictures waiting to be loaded on to the computer and then some more on another disc that I'll have to finish.

It was my ahem, --th birthday whilst I was away. Little Libby told the waiter in the restuarant and he hushed them and made me an impromptu cake and brought all the other waiters to sing Happy Birthday :D It was so sweet.

We are all of us blonde including Dad only Mum has a little help, I'm quite fair but I add highlights. My daughter always wants to be the same colour as me. When she's old enough she can have whatever colour she likes.

That street in Toarmina is beautiful, the places was crawling with people I was lucky I spied this side street and went for it.

Thanks for altering the picture Moira, one day I'll master rotating pictures :D

More pictures coming soon.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
charliechaplinfan

Here are a few more

Toarmina, Sicily the bay below

The ampitheatre taken from the highest seats, unfortunately shot into the sun

Libby onboard whilst the ship is docked at Naples, the castle is in the background

A taster of Pompei, there are so many to go through! I'll post more soon if you don't mind looking at them. I don't want anyone to get bored :wink:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

I can't help but see rooftops and wonder if CCFan's not casing the joint. I mean, Cary's dead and gone, I know he left a daughter behind. Are we SURE CCFan's not really Miss J. Roby?!! Does she have 17th Century costumes in her closet? Or black crepe-soled shoes? Hmmm... she looks like she's got a strong grip in some of those photos. ha ha
charliechaplinfan

:lol: No, then I wouldn't be able to think bad thoughts about Cary :lol: :lol: Wouldn't mind looking like Grace though.

I could gaze at the views in Toarmina all day. The Greeks certainly knew where to place their architecture for best effect.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Our vacation plans are starting to gel.

One of us (that would be the College Gal, Theatre major) is spending next week in Scotland ("Dad, it's not a vacation. It's for credit." Oh, where were those classes 30+ years ago?). Glasgow-Pitlochry-Inverness-Loch Ness-Stirling-Perth, seeing three theatre productions along the way.

In the middle of July, the three of us are off to Lisbon-Salema-Seville (with, maybe, a day to Tangiers in order to say we've been to Africa) for a too-short trip.

Mrs. ChiO & I spent some time in Seville (which we loved) about 15 years ago; I assume the Alcazar and Cathedral are still there.

Any do-not-miss recommendations for Lisbon, or the drive from Lisbon to Salema?
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Beeeautiful pictures, CCFan!! I'm going to Italy in a couple of weeks but I don't think I'll get to Sicily this time. I wanted to visit, and also Sardegna but I just don't have the time. I've been to Italy several times but still haven't gotten to those particular islands.

Your pictures really make me long to be there. :)
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
charliechaplinfan

ChiO Scotland is a beautiful country, your daughter is very lucky. I hope the good weather we have been enjoying keeps up for her trip over here.

Your trip to Seville, Lisbon and Salema sounds just up my street. I've driven around Southern Spain, it's lovely and much different to the beaches. Enjoy your trip, we expect pictures.

Miss Goddess, Italy is gorgeous, you sound like you know the country pretty well. Enjoy your trip. You can always do Sicily next trip. You could easily spend a vacation just on Sicily.

I must post some more pictures :D
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

ChiO, Rick Steves just did an episode of his show on Salema. It's shown on PBS, and as I recall (I've slept since then, my memory only lasts for 15 minutes now) it is a beautiful spot. Perhaps you can check your local listings, or check out his website???

I am so envious! I've been to Germany, Switzerland, France and Belgium, but I so want to see Spain and Italy. Please post pictures!!!

Nancy
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Nancy said:
Rick Steves just did an episode of his show on Salema.
We'd settled on Lisbon, then saw his show on Portugal. Of course, I promptly forgot the name of the towns on the southern coast that he recommended, so I got his guidebook on Portugal. Salema was definitely the one.

The gaping holes needing to be filled by the next four vacations -- I'm always thinking ahead -- are: (1) Vienna-Prague-Budapest, (2) the Baltic, (3) the Rhone & Southern France, and (4) Ravenna & Lake Como. Then I'll just move to Tuscany/Umbria and see if anyone else in the family tags along. :lol:

Or there's always Milwaukee.

MissG: Where in Italy? I was meant to live there. I'm convinced that I was born in a palazzo near Siena, but carried off by Gypsies and left with a wonderful farm couple in southern Indiana. If I could ride a bike (I can drink Cinzano), I would have been in BREAKING AWAY.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

ChiO wrote:MissG: Where in Italy? I was meant to live there. I'm convinced that I was born in a palazzo near Siena, but carried off by Gypsies and left with a wonderful farm couple in southern Indiana. If I could ride a bike (I can drink Cinzano), I would have been in BREAKING AWAY.
I'll be in and about Rome and then on to the island of Ischia, and probably we'll visit the neighboring Islands of Procida and Capri (to which I've already been). My Mother has never been to Rome and as she's an ancient history buff I'm treating her to this trip.

I know what you mean about living here. I would like very much to live here one day, or in southern France. They're my favorite places. Maybe an ancestor of mine was captured by a dashing bandit who carried her off to one of his remote Italian castles and that's why I feel so at home there. At least that's what I like to imagine. :wink:
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers