Comments from the Sole Survivor

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Comments from the Sole Survivor

Post by mrsl »

Just kidding about the title but I often feel like that while traveling through this ghost town. I used to get angry when I saw one name on every thread, but I see now how it can happen when you are the only person on line. So I'll just go on with some things that have occurred to me, and if anyone feels like kicking in, feel free.

Black and White TV:

Often when trying to think of a movie name, we will describe the movie as being in B&W. Yesterday I tuned in to the Jubillee Trail and was surprised to find it in color. I remember seeing it for the first time as a kid, but it was in black and white. Of course the TV was a black and white set :!: :!: :!: :( :( :( My first husband and I had the first color set of all of our friends and our parents, so I knew I had seen it at my parents house, previous to my marriage. So try to be sure of the color status when looking for answers to queries.

Classic Cinema College:

Am I the only one who wants to keep the entertainment of the CCC alive? It was such fun to see some of the 'reports' from various folks regarding events and imagining certain actors in somewhat ridiculous positions.

Inquiries:

Why have we never had a thread made up of simple questions that want answers, such as who was the black man who often danced with Shirley Temple?, or who played the part of the tin man in Wizard of Oz? I know the answers, these are just samples.

If you have a remark that is not angry or whiny, but causes you to wrinkle your forehead, consider this your place to put it in writing. Maybe someone will have a response that will ease your troubled mind.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************