Good Programming tonight.

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Lzcutter
Administrator

Damages Returning!

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne!!

Damages will be returning to FX in January. No word on whether Ted Danson's character will be returning but I am very much looking forward to the season premiere and talking with you about it!

Too bad it's so far off but time is flying by so it should be here soon!

I'm betting that Glenn Close picks up an Emmy nom and the buzz around Danson's lawyer, the guy with the strange name but a really good actor, is very high as well.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

How do you learn this stuff?

Anyway, yes I'm looking forward to the new season and discussing it. I cannot believe it is already half way through the month of July. It seems like Christmas was just last week.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

How do you learn this stuff?
Anne,

I live in Los Angeles so that makes it easier to stay on top of entertainment news.

Glenn Close, Ted Danson and Zeljko Ivanek (Danson's attorney) all received Emmy nominations this week.

I've been a fan of Zeljko's for many, many years going back to his stint on Homicide: Life on the Streets.

William Hurt is joining the cast next season as well!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Since Damages, I've noticed Mr. Z in several other guest roles, but never knew his name. William Hurt is an enigma to me. I'm not sure if I like him or not. He has this attitude, or aura, about him that he's never quite sure where he is, or who he's talking to. He reminds me of the absent minded professor who has so many things on his mind, that when you talk to him, you're never really sure if he's listening or if he's heard you because he has this far off expression on his face all the time. I'm sure that was a disquieting factor for Marlee Matlin in her very first movie role.

Have you ever noticed this attitude from him?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************