Thank you Stuart from the U.K.

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
mrsl

Thank you Stuart from the U.K.

Post by mrsl »

I've been meaning to do this for some time now.

Stuart:

Sometimes you don't get a lot of response from your posts, and I know that is aggravating, but please don't stop. Your posts have alerted me to so many fine British/Scottish and/or Irish actors that I never think of. I admit some of them I never heard of, or didn't realize were not American. e.g. I know who Diana Dors was, but I don't think I ever heard her talk and never knew she was British.

Your posts about the Mills sisters, and people like Sean Connery and their early beginnings on British TV and in movies is immensely interesting to me and I'm sure others. I just wanted to thank you for your words from the horses' mouth.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Thanks Anne

It's nice to be appreciated. Thank you.

It's a pity I haven't worked out how to work You Tube on here, because then I might send stuff of great Brit shows to those interested. In my fav Brit actresses for example I mention Amanda Redman, a great performer only known in the UK for now.

I sent some on another forum where I simply copied and pasted on to the software Judi Dench in a early 1960s episode of Z-Cars

Until recently I didn't think Rosamund John was known in America, until on a Brit forum a member from the U.S said he knew of her.

I sometimes rather than use a British forum mention something like Saintly women, a tribute to the great actresses who appeared in The Saint, not expecting to much response, but hoping someone will be interested.

I was surprised that on American forums when I talk about the WW2 films of Leslie Howard, that there were no responses. I found that surpising as Leslie's American films were hugely popular and there would be interest in his UK work.

I sometimes get information on things like Doctor Who that you probably won't here about for about another yr, so I like to pass it on to fans over here.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Stuart:

When you post there is a heading with a series of boxes across the top. The last is listed as "YouTube." You need only click on that box paste your link and then click on the box at the end and you should get your link. I think that might work for you.

Check out "Dewey's Record Party." They use a great deal od things from YouTube.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Tried it, but no luck so far
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Hi Stuart,
Here's Part One of the Judi Dench in the first part of the Z Cars Episode that you mentioned, which I posted by copying the url from youtube as in the following:
and placing this url between the following: [ youtube ] and [ /youtube ] without the spaces shown between the word youtube and /youtube and the brackets. If you copy the url shown above and place it between the [youtube] and [/youtube] you'll be able to post a video here as seen below. Judi gives quite a salty performance here!

[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Thanks everyone
Last edited by stuart.uk on December 10th, 2008, 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Hi Stuart,

My thanks to you for your posts as well.

I, too, was baffled by the youtube posting, and you almost got it.
At the head it should look like this
[youtube]
then place the link and follow with
[/youtube]

so: [youtube] link [/youtube]

I just had to remind myself that at the head there is no back slash before, but one is required at the close. Hope this helps. :D
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS