Ask Robert Osborne

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Ask Robert Osborne

Post by Lzcutter »

From TCM City:

Got a question concerning this year’s Oscar race or any previous Academy Award competition? TCM host Robert Osborne is the official historian for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and will select the best
Oscar film questions to answer for a special web-only broadcast on TCM.com’s 31 Days of Oscar site February 5th, 2009 (date subject to change).

For your question to be considered (it can be about any Oscar winner or nominee from 1929 to this year’s event), submit your question right here on the TCM message boards at the below location:

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/forum.jspa?forumID=398
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

It looks like TCM has opened up the Ask Robert Osborne forum to any movie-related question.

So, here's your chance to ask Robert O all those movie questions you've been dying to know.

The web-cast is still scheduled for February 5th though that is subject to change.

So, go on over to TCM City and ask away!

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/forum.jspa?forumID=398
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

We should ask him if he'd be willing to guest star.
srowley75

Post by srowley75 »

I just have to say this kinda sorta ticks me off just a little bit.

I took a while to think of a couple Oscar questions only to have them open up the discussion to anything. If the troll who's been answering everyone's questions was the problem, I wish they'd have banned the so-and-so or else told people to e-mail or PM their questions to a private account. But I just wish they'd have kept the Oscar theme for this particular webcast, then broadened the field at another time.

But I do relish the opportunity and sincerely hope Osborne does engage the public this way in the future.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Scrowley,

I PM'd TCMWebAdmin about the problem with people answering questions in the forum (as well as the smart alecs).

They assured me that Robert Osborne won't be put off by the misbehavior in the forum and will evaluate all the questions for the webcast.

I think this forum was a learning experience for them.
Lynn in Lake Balboa