Happy 25th

Chit-chat, current events
movieman1957
Administrator

Happy 25th

Post by movieman1957 »

Hi All:

I wanted to post a note of congratulation to Mr. & Mrs. Chio. Today is the 25th anniversary of their wedding. In light of the sadness of recent weeks of the loss of Chio's mother-in-law it is a chance to celebrate a life together with many more years to come.

Best wishes to you both.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
MissGoddess

Re: Happy 25th

Post by MissGoddess »

Happy Anniversary, mes cheres!
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
klondike

Post by klondike »

Good on you, you amorous amici curiae!
The 25th is always a landmark for the World's Most Dangerous Hobby (as my Uncle Hollis used to call it); for our 25th {back in '02} I took Mrs. Klondike for a spontaneous-seeming daytrip to the site of our vows, the Cathedral of the Pines, in Rindge, NH; as it was officially closed that day, we had the chapel grounds to ourselves (I'd already scoped-out the caretaker; as he was about 80 or so, I figured I could judo-chop him into submission if I needed to) . . very romantic, very sweet . . I came away feeling I meant more to her than a life insurance policy . .
Anyway all the best to you and your lovely lady, ChiO!
Just the excuse I needed to break the seal on that 12-yr-old Jamesons!
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

And right backatcha, Chris, my friend. So Opaa!!! to you! Chris & I were driven by Fate to be together on this site celebrating our respective 25th Wedding Aniversaries on this date.

Our lovely spouses -- not Fate so much as Doom.

If ever there was a woman who exhibits the opposite of Griffith's INTOLERANCE, it's my Honey Bunny (yes, that's a nod to Amanda Plummer, so I'm always on my toes, you *%#*!%*). Who else would say: You should go to San Francisco to see those noirs and Dewey and Mook. It'll be fun.

And the beauty of it is...she really means it.

I don't deserve her...but I'm hangin' around.

Tomorrow, we're off...couldn't decide between Calgary and Paris, so we split the difference: five days in Montreal/Quebec City.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Happy Anniversary, ChiO an Mrs. ChiO.

Have a great time in Montreal!!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

feaito

Post by feaito »

Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Chio, a quarter of a century together is a long time. Congratulations for your commitment to each other.
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Let's all raise our glasses and toast the 25th anniversary of Mr & Mrs ChiO!! You've succeeded in doing something that is so apparently difficult these days. You've stayed together and loved each other for a quarter of a century. I hope I'm still around to celebrate your 50th year together! Congratulations are in order. L'Chaim! To life!

As always,

Hollis
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Hey Chris and Owen...
Happy 25th to each of you! Hope you both have many more wonderful years with those Honey Bunnies :lol:
Garbomaniac

Post by Garbomaniac »

Wishing you the BEST on your Silver Wedding Anniversary! I hope SOMEONE gave you the appropriate gift! Ha!

And, by the way, I always enjoy your comments!
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

The only thing silver is my hair left behind on the pillow.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I kept trying to tell Carolann that the 25th is lead. She is not buying it. Tomorrow we are off to a bed and breakfast on a riverfront location for the weekend. I'm going to miss you guys.
Chris

MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

movieman1957 wrote:I kept trying to tell Carolann that the 25th is lead. She is not buying it. Tomorrow we are off to a bed and breakfast on a riverfront location for the weekend. I'm going to miss you guys.

Oh, how lovely! Have a wonderful time you two (and somehow I don't think you'll have much reason to miss us as much as we'll miss you. :wink: )
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
feaito

Post by feaito »

I had not realized that Chris and his wife also celebrated their 25th Anniversary! Sorry for the gaffe....Happy Anniversary to both of you! :D
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Thanks to all. Marrying her is far and away the best thing I have ever done.
Chris

feaito

Post by feaito »

movieman1957 wrote:Thanks to all. Marrying her is far and away the best thing I have ever done.
Ditto in relation with Me marrying my wonderful wife of 16 years.