I'm writing a quiz, suggested question welcome

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

I'm writing a quiz, suggested question welcome

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Don't ask me how but I've ended up volunteering to write a quiz for a school social night. It will be aimed at adults, I need to get the balance of questions right, some easy peasy ones, some difficult ones, the ones you know you should know but need to delve into the recess of your brain to get the answer and the ones were you need to listen attentively to the question to have a chance of getting the right answer.

There categories will be history, geography, sport, the arts/entertainment and pot luck.

Any suggestions welcome :wink:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
silentscreen

Re: I'm writing a quiz, suggested question welcome

Post by silentscreen »

What a coincidence Alison! I've been entering quizzes on Facebook. Of course they're all about movies since I love them so much. I'm sure if you do some Google searches, you can come up with some ideas in those catagories.
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Alison, there's a website called funtrivia.com that has questions and answers on all sorts of topics, and not just American topics. There are probably many other trivia websites as well that would help.
charliechaplinfan

Thanks, I'll have a look at these. I'll manage to squeeze a couple of movie questions on there. Along with a picture of Charlie Chaplin without tramp costume.

I do manage to rope myself into these things. I'm also baking cakes to sell at the school open evening, running a movie night for the kids and helping the kids paint mugs for Mother's day. All this is essential because to our schools, they always need funds for improvements. Plus running a quiz will be a good way to foster a communtiy feel.

I might post the quiz afterwards as a bit of fun, let you all have go.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Do post the quiz, and let us know how it goes!
Best of luck!
charliechaplinfan

Thanks, the date is the 26th March, so it gives me a little time to plan.